Thursday, March 26, 2015

February 25, 2013

A paraphrase of Psalm 130




Out of my weakness and weariness
I call you, Lord.
Lord, can you hear me?  
Does my cry for help reach your ears? 

Lord, if you thought about my sins 
there is no way 
I could even talk to you, 
let alone expect you to help me!
But you have forgiven all my sins,
(I John 1:9) 
so that you may be honored and worshiped.  
You not only forgave my sins, 
but you cancelled the written code that I broke. 
(Col. 2:13-14)  
You took it away and nailed it to the cross 
when Jesus poured out his blood 
that washes away all my sin.

I wait for you Lord; 
I want to fall in love with you 
all over again.  
I put my hope in your Word.  
I meet you there, in the pages of your 
love letter to me. 

I put my hope in the life changing power 
of your Word.
I wait expectantly and as surely 
as the sun rises every morning, 
I know I will see you 
working in my life again, 
restoring me with strength and joy--
buying back every moment 
of despair and hurt, 
every day of pain and tears.

Your love is not able to fail!  
Your love is always there 
and is new every morning. 
(Lamentations 3:22-24) 
Your redeeming process is complete.  
It flows over me in abundance.  
I put my hope in you!


No comments: