Tuesday, October 16, 2007

All the things I never say..


To my husband, my friend, the one who knows me best. I don't often tell you how thankful I am that you are a man of character. A man who shows up early for work and may be the last one to leave. A man who has listened to all the things his father taught him. Who has welcomed my family members into his home without complaining. Who goes beyond what is required of him. Who thinks before he speaks. Who never complains about my headaches and lack of energy but prays for me that I will be able to do the things I want to do.
I don't often thank you for providing me with the life of my dreams. For allowing me to stay home and raise our children. For giving me free reign to homeschool and supporting me in every way. For telling me that I am still beautiful after 31 years of marriage. For calling me "Mrs. Darcy". For taking me out every week (well, almost!). For whisking me away for overnights even when I don't think we can manage it. For loving me.
I cannot imagine what life would be like without you. I think you know that you are my strength. I love you more than even I know. You will always be my knight in shining armour.

No comments: