Sunday, March 31, 2013

Blessed Easter

     It is early this morning, the sun is rising, and the chilly Maine air is at 18 degrees.  Blair and Noah bundled up and headed out to the Sunrise Service.  It has been three days (according to Jewish days) since we read Jesus' final words from the cross at church and "heard" the stone rolled into place at the "tomb".  
      Much can happen in three days.  A phone call at 7:20 AM asking if I can fill in  and lead the Ladies' Bible Study at church.  The chapter is on fear.  Is it a coincidence that God has been dealing with the fear in my life for the past two years and delivering me from it?  No, but still I get down on the floor and ask God to help me, not because I am fearful, but because I want Him to help these women like He has helped me.  After a quick stop at a thrift store on my way home, I twist my ankle coming out the door as my left foot slips off the ramp, the left foot that I have sprained several times.  It has slowed me down a little these last couple of days. 
      Saturday morning brought an old struggle to light, a prayer together, but discouragement later.  A struggle to let go, to trust, to hope for a change.  And then there was much preparation for today: cooking, cleaning, hair cuts, laundry, and a Resurrection movie to watch.  There was sunshine to enjoy; opening doors to let it stream in and washing windows to remove the dirt it revealed.  
      As I pack up the Easter eggs for children's church and listen to "Were You There" by Selah, I begin the rejoicing by singing along: Were you there when He rose from the grave?  Sometimes it cause me to shout, and I begin to tremble, Were you there when He rose from the grave?  I listen to the Hallelujah Chorus: 

 The kingdom of this world
Is become the kingdom of our Lord,
And of His Christ, and of His Christ;
And He shall reign for ever and ever,
For ever and ever, forever and ever,


King of kings, and Lord of lords,
King of kings, and Lord of lords, 
And Lord of lords,
And He shall reign,
And He shall reign forever and ever,
King of kings, forever and ever,
And Lord of lords,
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Blessed Easter to you all!  He is Risen!

No comments: